Sunday, February 2, 2014

Get to Know Me!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Nicole, I'm currently studying at Salem State University with the dream of becoming an elementary teacher. Initially, I began college with the intent to become a nurse. I knew I always wanted to help others, especially children. However, as I progressed I couldn't ignore my passion for kids, and my passion to teach. I came to the realization I didn't want to help sick children, I wanted to help children get an education. My love for the school atmosphere is undeniable. My pride and love for learning is something I want to convey and pass on. The thought of having a classroom of my own to decorate and personalize makes me ecstatic. Truly, I want to make children love school and learning as much as I do. Besides teaching, I also have a passion for playing soccer, running, spending time with my family, and trying new things. Last year, I ran my first half marathon in honors of Children's Hospital Boston, and I plan to run it again this year. When I'm not playing soccer, I'm a coach to all the kids in my town. I have experience coaching from kindergarten, all the way up to U-15.  I'm up to any challenge and love venturing out. I can't wait to endure this journey of becoming a teacher!



http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/article/addressing-different-learning-styles
Here's a link that explains how to teach to children with different learning styles. I know myself, that I am a tactile learner, and like to learn things hands-on. I thought this link was very useful, but no two children may be the same. It helps you organize your units so you have components that'll be helpful for all sorts of learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment